Monday, August 19, 2013

Raksha Bandhan time!


Yo, it is that Bhai-Behen time of the year again... yes it is rakhi time or rakshabandhan time. I always used to tie one tiny little rakhi on my little brother's wrist every year for myself and for our many sisters who used to send them by post. Although he would not give me any gifts or pocket money as is the ritual in the Northern part of India, I still loved to tie it every year for my bro. Ever since I got married and moved to Malaysia I havent been able to tie one personally but I would always send one by post for him. This year, he has flown to the West for his further studies and I cannot send one to him on time because he just moved into an apartment and it would take sometime for my post to reach him. So I decided to make him a quilled Rakhi card which I can send to his address a little later after he settles right? I had actually started off making a quilled rakhi for him but then converted it into a card. It is still in the making, I have pasted most of the elements on the card just the final touches and wordings remain to be added. Here is a glimpse of the card for you all to see. Hope he likes it.

Update on 20 august 2013 - I have completed the rakhi card, here are the images. Hope it looks good.

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by.... I would be grateful if you can leave any suggestions or comments so that I can keep improving myself and my work...