Monday, September 2, 2013

A plain Man card


Really, manly/boyish cards are not my forte.. that is what I found out after I tried to make one... Boo hoo.. it was simply too plain! I began by doing something related to sports and coffee but I simply stopped at that... This is how it turned out. Please note I do not own any fancy stamps or inks or anything of that sort... just some paper pads, quilling paper. yeah... yet to invest in some arty stuff... I wanted to try out a swinging card so I made it and just incorporated the quilled embellishments such as a rugby ball, a basket ball and a coffee mug with piping hot coffee. Although I dont own a paper guillotine, I cut the swinging card with my craft knife and ruler, it did not come out so well but a good try I thought. Here are the pictures...

Linking this to :
4 Crafty Chicks #157 - CRAZY EGG CHALLENGE {Squares}
Shopping our Stash SOS #116 For The Boys


Hope it fits..

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you shylashree for the encouragement:-)

      Delete
  2. Love those quilled embellishments! For limited supplies you've done a super job and "Shopping our Stash" means you use the supplies you have. Job done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you so much Helen for the kind words, it means a lot to a beginner like me :-)

      Delete
  3. This is so cool. I love the quilled details you have given. As for the man/boy card, *same pinch* because even I fall short of ideas when it comes to making a man card. And even you have never used that real artsy stuff like distress inks , dies, etcisn't it?.Glad to know that I'm not alone :P I really have to get my hands on that stuff.
    But the show stealer is the 'swinging' that you have made. I'm waiting for it's tutorial from you hridya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soooo much Jasleen for dropping by... yes, maybe I must stick to doing other types of cards than manly ones hehe.... me too waiting to start off using the inks and what not!!! Tutorial and me.. no not yet... I found this one in youtube ;)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for playing our squares challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

    Leanne DT 4CC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors, layout and fantastic image. Incredible inspiration sure glad that you shared it with us at 4CC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Tamie for the kind words :-)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by.... I would be grateful if you can leave any suggestions or comments so that I can keep improving myself and my work...