Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Mini 3" by 3" Note card



I love these tiny little cards which I came to know are called as Note cards and measure 3" by 3".. wouldn't they look cute? Such note cards are the ideal cards for a little thank you along with a gift, ain't it?
So as part of the challenge for this month set by Catchy Challenges, mini 3" by 3" note cards along with envelope have to be submitted. So here is what I made - ideas inspired by:
Swirls from this tutorial by Susan's quilling. Although the swirls haven't come out so well, I think they are not bad for a first try, right? I made the flower using this technique described by Azlina of Lin's Handmade Greetings Card - you can view the video here (I have really fallen in love with quilling with the comb technique!!).
And I made the envelope with the help of this tutorial video, really very easy and helpful!

I just used some card stock, textured paper, quilling paper and flower punch for the flowers on the envelope. The sentiment is on the inside of the card.
Here are the pictures... enjoy.


Linking it to:


Catchy Challenges - September challenge


365 Cards :Day 275 - Word Wednesday - Swirls

6 comments:

  1. Simply love your note card. :) Quilling is awesome. Your swirls have turned out so well. Even I need to learn how to make them. Best of luck.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these are fabulous. Gorgeous work. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't done any quilling in ages! This is beautiful and it sure did come out right for a first attempt. Thanks for mentioning the blog that gave some tips, as I have now saved this too :) As I should really start using some of my quilling papers up x
    Thank you so much for entering our blog candy giveaway and for following Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenges. (DDCC). Good luck in the giveaway… x
    We launch our first challenge on 1st October and would love for you to play along! X

    Dreamtime Designs Craft Challenge

    Little Pear Tree

    ReplyDelete
  4. I first saw quilling more than 40 years ago and thought it was so fascinating! Your design is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome quilling..............Thanks so much for joining us at Catchy Challenges, all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. quilling is very neat and beautiful card. thanks for playing at catchy challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.... I would be grateful if you can leave any suggestions or comments so that I can keep improving myself and my work...