Monday, September 23, 2013

Quilled Birthday card


Hello there my fellow bloggers and crafters, am finally back in action. Oh how I missed crafting for the past 2 weeks, but since we were on a holiday, I just had to forget it for a while. I am back with this card I made for Lulu's quilling lab's second anniversary. Lulu is a PhD student writing her thesis and doing some awesome quilling at the same time. You can have a look at her blog here. I initially wanted to do something like a cake with candles (fully quilled) since the theme was birthday card with some quilling. But I ended up making a card with a teddy and some balloons and a cake and candles with the sentiment.

Around the time I finished up this card, some other challenges with similar themes also came up and hence I am linking up to them as well :)

Here are the pictures of the card and Happy Birthday Lulu aka Paper and QUill (FB page).


I forgot to mention earlier, I used inspiration from Lin's post for making the teddy bear.

Hope you guys like it..



Linking it to these challenges:


Paper MY challenge for Aug- Sept (banner theme)


4 Crafty Chicks - Challenge 160 (Balloons)


Cas(E) this sketch # 46


Sketch n Stash Challenge 121


Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge 29 - Anything Goes


One more.... Shopping our Stash Weekly Challenge - SOS#120:Kids


Update as on 14 October 2013
Also linking this to Lulupu's World Card Making Day Contest - Birthday Theme

8 comments:

  1. love the quilling on your card thankyou for joining our challenge at challenges 4 everybody. Good luck Fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hridya.....I love your card!! It's just sooo cute! I'm sure they're gonna love it too. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! This is something that I have never tried and I am in awe of what you have created! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job, thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks nice job!

    Leanne DT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilling is simply beautiful! I love the colors and the way you did the balloons! Thank you so much for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks and for sharing your awesome inspiration with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I like quilling - great job! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a delightful creation! I am just learning how to quill and can't wait until I am this proficient! Very nicely done! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.... I would be grateful if you can leave any suggestions or comments so that I can keep improving myself and my work...