Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Birthday Card - World Card Making Day Contest by Lulupu.com

Heya fellow bloggers, sorry for the looong absence from the blogging scene again (seems like I have been putting up this disappearing act quite too often now), Travel and sick child are the reasons behind my absence. But I am back with a few cards, thanks to the lovely challenge organised by Lulupu.com in connection with the World Card Making Day. They have put up 3 themes and it is nice to know that we can backlink some old posts which fit the theme. So I have linked up my quilled birthday card that I had made for Lulu's quilling lab's 2nd anniversary celebrations.

This is my second entry to the contest for the same theme - Birthday. Here it is:


I have made use of some nice pattern papers - wanted to make use of them as soon as I heard about the contest. They were very pretty to look at... So on a grey card stock, I layered this pattern paper called Especially for you and affixed some embellishments like butterfly diecut, the tattered teddy die cut that I got along with the PP. I just made it to look as if the teddy was holding some balloons - i quilled them :) and then I just attached a strip of Pink Butterfly washi tape and some glitter here and there hehehe. Sentiment as usual is hand written on one of the diecuts I got along with the PP and I also affixed a couple of blue foam hearts. I stuck the butterfly and teddy with double sided foam tape for the 3D effect

I also made this card keeping in mind Sindhu Jay (whose blog Trapped in Craft is celebrating its 1st anniversary and she is celebrating her first wedding anniversary this month) who is hosting a challenge each week of this month to commemorate the above events. This week the theme was ABC - multiply by 3 so I went along with Tejal with the letter B - bling, blue, butterfly, there is also the balloon element as seen in teddy's hand as well as on the PP. So I hope I can play along this challenge Sindhu!! Wishing you a very happy anniversary, may the love between the two of you grow manifold in the years to come :)

A note to Lulupu - Sorry I am not able to link up your products on my post, I dont know how to plus I am running short of time :( Hope its ok!

Before I link this card to all the challenges, here are some more shots of the card :)

Linking this to:

Lulupu's World Card Making Day Contest- Birthday Theme

Trapped in Craft - Celebration Challenge 2 with Tejal - ABC multiply by 3

IBS Challenge - Birthday Theme

Catchy Challenges - Glitterify - Anything goes with glitter

5 comments:

  1. You are definitely back with a bang!! Lovely embellishments you got there. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe that little bear is so sweet :) So glad you shared with us on IBS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Please make sure you link back to us to be eligible for the prize. Hugs, Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oww! such a cute teddy! beautiful card with light pink backgroud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Hridya! Thanks soooo much for the wishes!

    Thanks so much for participating in the challenge. Your card is so cute! Love the 'blingy' butterfly! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.... I would be grateful if you can leave any suggestions or comments so that I can keep improving myself and my work...