Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Bag with a tag



Hello folks, I am back with some crafty stuff today... recently I had shopped for some thick paper for making paper bags, tags etc and got the occasion to put it to good use. My neighbour's son here in KL was celebrating his birthday and his mother, my good friend loves handmade stuff and I thought this would be a good chance for me to give her some handmade stuff as well as make something hehe... So I bought his gift and decided to put it in a handmade bag and since at the same time, Kraftzone had announced this challenge, I decided to add the tag as well. Here are the photos...

Not sure how to rotate the photos here... Blogger is troubling me with my images, always seems to rotate images which are straight! I took an A3 size white cardstock, folded it to make the bag, stuck some pattern paper on both sides, added some quilled flowers and also made the handle. I wanted to break from the orange, white colours so I added the purple handle and flower. I think it goes ok with the background.. what do you think? I made the tag using an old price tag, used the tissue paper distressing technique I had seen a few months back on some blog, added some colours and pasted the pattern paper scrap, punched a hole and that's it. Not very happy the way it has turned out... (I did not keep the tag for the birthday gift.)

Hope it looks ok, entering it to the following challenges:

Kraftzone Challenge 1 - Bag with tag

Color Conceptions Challenge - 3D bags/boxes

Crafty Hands Challenge N6 - Put a tag on it

Happy crafting...

8 comments:

  1. Pretty bag..n tag...nice pp.thank you for playing at kraftzone challenge blog...all the best. ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. bright one.... :) thanks for playing along kz challenge http://blog.kraftzone.in/2014/01/challenge-1-bag-with-tag-hello-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful bag n Tag Hridya.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab bright colours! It's so nice to see quilling used! I think it looks lovely, though haven't gotten round to trying it myself yet... Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a bright & colorful gift bag... Thanks for playing along with us at Color Conceptions Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty bag Hridya. Thanks for sharing at Color Conceptions Challenge Blog. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely creation..loved the quilling...thnx for playing along @Kraftzone :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.... I would be grateful if you can leave any suggestions or comments so that I can keep improving myself and my work...