Monday, January 27, 2014

Mixed media - journaling and some use of scraps



Hello there folks... My husband travels a lot these days and I have a daughter whom I should keep occupied more especially in his absence.. so we craft a lot and nowadays play with paint... I had come across a technique called Bargello technique wherein you could use some scraps of PP or cardstock to make a background for your card. I had made one such tiled background long back and wanted to use it on a card but nothing clicked. So during one of these trips, when my husband was away, S (my LO) and I started playing around with that background. We ended up with this...

It may not look as impressive in the photo but my daughter loved making it and had a lot of fun.. me too.. especially because she could get her hands dirty with the paint! If you can see clearly, I stuck the tiled scraps onto a white cardstock, used some more scraps here and there, played around with paint, some stamps, glitter, oil pastels and also some home made texture paste. I tried to make a Chevron stencil at home, was partially successful and used that stencil on this to create the chevron texture using the paste. More dirty hands hehehe....



Now you can see some splotches here and there, it was my daughter's finger prints hehe, the cat is there because she loves "miaw" and the words are from a piece of pattern paper I won in a blog candy last year. So hope you can see the use of bargello technique, the use of scraps and also my daughter's work (lol) just kidding...

We both had fun making it, somehow it is not looking so good in the pictures...

Linking this to:

Lulupu Challenge 24 - Scrap your scraps

LEJ Designs Challenge 85 - Anything Goes

Open-minded Crafting Fun Challenges - Challenge 2 - Warmth (Food or Clothing) Have used the Bargello technique as in quilting here

11 comments:

  1. Its lovely Hridya.. love the background.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your twist on our challenge!! And I love your creation!! And what is more fun than making something incredible WITH your daughter!! I think that is amazing!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Open-Minded!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful journal page, Hridya! Thanks for joining Lulupu Challenge #24

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project Hridya, I think it is very important when crafting to have fun..so glad you and your daughter enjoy this activity, thank you for playing along with us at LEJ Designs, this month, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous project Hridya. Thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always fun to bring out the paint and get a little messy!! Love your project and what a great way to spend time with your daughter! Thank you for sharing with us at Open-Minded!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well I think it looks brilliant in your photo and all the more memorable because you made it together and it has your daughters fingerprints on it you have both made something you will treasure and bring back lovely memories -thanks for joining us at Lej Designs
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is quite amazing. Thanks for sharing at OMCF.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhh that's so fabulous! Love that you did this with your daughter! I'm sure that you will both remember this fondly and what you have created is just fabulous.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully done !!!!
    Love the whole grungy look and the fact that u did this with ur daughter is even more amazing
    Thanks for joining us at lulupu this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hridya, saw this on the Lulupu blog, beautiful background!! following you now !
    http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.... I would be grateful if you can leave any suggestions or comments so that I can keep improving myself and my work...