Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Some new stuff



Ah, finally I found some time to edit the photos of my latest project... no quilling in this sorry :(.. yeah somehow I want to incorporate quilling in whatever I do... This is a box purse I made, well, keeping my daughter in mind but after it was done, I have no mind to give it to her... it looks cute and I am worried she will throw it away somewhere! yeah you never know what she will do hehehe... I wanted to do something similar to the inspiration that Tanvi, designer on the Color Conceptions team (the purse like box ) but since I do not yet own a scoreboard, I was not confident that I could pull it off. So I decided to make this box purse, I found a tutorial here, hope you can access it as well. I decided to use my pattern paper that have been lying around for quite sometime and also make use of the doilies and pearl stickers that I had hoarded recently (love shopping for crafty stuff, but always run out of money :( ). Here are some photos...

I love clicking the photos and editing, because the doily and the pearls and the pattern paper gave it such a cute feel... Instead of the paper handle as mentioned in the tutorial, I used a ribbon that was lying in my stash so I could add a bit more pink to the project. I used velcro as shown in the tute. For the tag, used up an old price tag that I had saved up for quite a bit of time, pasted the same pattern paper, distressed the edges with my metal ruler, added the same elements as the box purse. The blue satin flower was bought but the other paper flower, I received as a part of my blog candy prize. Just attached a sentiment, did not want to but I did...

Hope it looks good, how do you guys like it.. do let me know..

Entering this to:

Kraftzone Challenge 1 - Bag with tag

Color Conceptions Challenge - 3D bags/boxes

Crafty Hands Challenge No 6 - Put a tag on it

Inspired by Stamping - January Blog Hop

613 Avenue Create - Challenge 56 -Anything goes w/optional twist - gift set

Thank you!

12 comments:

  1. Good to see you spreading your wings and trying something new. It has turned out really pretty :) Love the soothing colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cute bag...and really nice colour. ..nice u have used recycled tag even i keep collecting and u know ....there it comes in beautiful shapes and sizes :)thanks for participating. ..all the very best

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bag..and nice that u recycled the tag...its cute ....thanks for playing. ..all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty one... thanks for playing along http://blog.kraftzone.in/2014/01/challenge-1-bag-with-tag-hello-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute. I am a recycler too and invariably have atleast 1 recycled item in my project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, great little gift bag.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhands Challenge Blog.

    Moira DT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful set! LOVE the sweet colors and the fabulous paper you used! Thanks for joining us at IBS! I hope you join us again soon! HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful!!! love the gift bag :) So glad you shared with us on IBS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at IBS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a cute bag !! Thanks for playing along at CCC, 3-Bs

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely creation...thnx for playing along @Kraftzone :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely decorated bag. Thanks for joining us at the house of 613 Ave Create challenge,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.... I would be grateful if you can leave any suggestions or comments so that I can keep improving myself and my work...