Thursday, January 30, 2014

Upcycling



Hello there folks, I am back with yet another post for this month and would like to link it up to a couple of challenges before time is up ;)

I have been contemplating upcycling some item at home and my eyes fell on a couple of wine bottles lying around for quite a bit of time. Here is what I did, of course with a lot of inspiration from the internet, pinterest to be precise. For the first bottle, I used the hemp/jute yarn that we can commonly find at home. Added a few handmade felt flowers and voila, there you have a very elegant looking upcycled wine bottle. For the second bottle, although I am not very satisfied with the result. thanks to my shaking hand... I just painted the bottle with blue paint and tried some patterns with white and topped it with silver glitter. It looks ok from far but I am not so happy as the first one... anyway it has been upcycled as well.. just have to find a corner for it heheh

There was one more bottle I found and with some black acrylic colour and used glitter over a scallop shape stencil that I made myself. The bottle lid was a silver colour so I used the silver glitter...Here are some photos...

So let me know what you think..

Linking this to:

Color Conceptions challenge - 3Bs challenge - altering an existing item

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Amazing upcycling Hridya! I love the yarn one, definitely going to try it....the blue and the black ones look pretty too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! superb recycling Hridya .. love the 3 bottles and my fav was 1st one .. felt flowers are cute ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing these ideas , love the jute one.Thanks for joining us at CCC, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue bottle is Especially striking and beautiful !!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.... I would be grateful if you can leave any suggestions or comments so that I can keep improving myself and my work...