Saturday, February 15, 2014

Love is in the air.... its all pink and red all over town..



Hello folks... hope you had a good V-day week and still enjoying the weekend... Here is a quick post for the valentine theme inspired by quite a few challenges in blogland. This is a very simple 3D fold card, like always, nothing over the top from me ;).. I am an absolutely unromantic kind of girl, no flowers or chocolates from me hehe... and my husband finds that very difficult to digest. You can see shades of this character of mine in this card too - not much of frilly or over the top stuff and less flowers ;)

So here goes, I followed the Splitcoaststampers tutorial for the Double dutch fold card and instead of an image in the front, I thought I will try out the Iris folding technique and made a heart with red, light red and pinkish card stocks. For the background, I used the pattern paper I won in a blog candy from Gro's blog, from the pack of 7Dots Studio. One of the challenges had the condition that we use red, pink and white colours in the 3D card while another had the condition of using a pattern paper. I recently started quilling folded roses and it has stuck! I want to keep making roses all day... simply love the technique and the end result is absolutely gorgeous... So I added some roses on the iris folded heart, the sentiment had to centre around love so I just added the tags I had in another paper stack which says.. Just because and another said I love you... I thought both go well together and placed one in the front and the other inside. Some more quilled roses, felt hearts and hearts with red glitter pen here and there.. the card is done..

Some photos...


Hope you all like it..

Linking this to:

Lulupu - Challenge 25 - Oh SO LOVEly!

Kraftzone - The Valentine Connection

Little Tangles - Challenge 30 - Celebrate Love

Challenges for everybody - ANything goes

Itsy Bitsy Say it with roses challenge

8 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the iris folding you did here.....beautifully done. And your roses are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card..loved the Irish folding and the roses.
    Thanks for playing along the Kraftzone challenge...The Valentine Connection....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Iris folding technique, Hridya! beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at Lulupu challenge #25
    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun technique to till the heart. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us in the Little Tangels challenge and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card...I can lots of hard work with that iris folding in the heart...and lovely roses...:)
    Thanx for playing along at kraftzone challenge#2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your beautiful project with us at Little Tangles Challenge! We hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice Hridya!! The roses are adorable!! Thanks so much for playing along with the ItsyBitsy Say it with Roses Challenge. All the very best!
    ItsyBitsy - The Blog Place

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by.... I would be grateful if you can leave any suggestions or comments so that I can keep improving myself and my work...