Hello fellow bloggers, how have you all been... It has been quite sometime since I stepped into blogland. Just putting up a quick post on an upcycling project that has been in the making for a couple of months. I finally pushed myself to finish it in time for the challenges this month hehehe...
I do not have the before and after pics unfortunately but I will quickly word you through the process. I took a Bata shoe box, it was a narrow one and I knew I could use it to put my crafting stuff inside and I did not want to see the words Bata on it, very uninspiring. So first I gave the lid and base a coat of white primer - I gave a little texture to the lid using the tissue distressing technique and it came out quite well. I painted both the lid and bottom with 3 colours - red, blue and dark green - I did not mix them, just painted one layer on top of the other and I was happy with the results because I could see a peep of green or red or blue at some place on the box, the fact that it was not uniform appealed even more. The downside was it took too long to dry - the glue and the paints and I do not own a heat tool so the whole drying process took around 2 weeks, I dont know the paint was a bit sticky. But now it is perfectly fine. To add some more effect to the box, I did some stenciling with the scallop stencil I made. I did not cover the entire box, just the longer sides were stenciled. Now for the decoration part, I did not want to move all the attention from the textured lid by over doing the decoration, so as usual I kept it to a minimum. Just used some crocheted lace I found at the store, some paper flowers, pearls, and a ribbon. And yes that diecut butterfly as instructed by my daughter. Here are the pictures.
Linking this to:
Lulupu 2nd Birthday Celebration - I have used the letters: L - Lace/C - crocheted lace; U - Upcycling; T - Textured lid; P - Pearls, pink flowers, paints;